From the Gradebook Settings panel, you control gradebook attributes of this item, such as points possible,
grading category, whether the score can be dropped when calculating final grades, and whether students
can submit to an electronic dropbox.
These are the gradebook settings you can set for an item:
- Due date - Set the date and time that student's must submit by.
- Allow late submissions - Controls whether students are allowed to submit after the due date has passed.
- Add to gradebook - When checked, this item is gradable; otherwise it is not gradable.
When you check the "Add to gradebook" box, these options become available for the item:
- Category - Defines which grading category this item belongs to.
- Relative weight in category - Defines weight relative to other items in the
same grading category.
- Extra credit - Check this box to identify the item as extra credit.
- Score entry - Controls how you enter scores for this item. You can choose
points, percent, letter, or rubric. If you choose rubric, you can define the scoring rubric.
- Restrict score visibility by date - Controls when students can see their scores
for this item.
- Score can be dropped - When checked, the final grade calculator can drop this
score (if the grading category is configured to drop lowest scores) otherwise, this score cannot be dropped when
computing the final grade.
- Include in final grade - When checked, this score is included in the final grade
(score roll-up) computation; otherwise it is not.
- Passing score required for course credit - When checked, the student must achieve
a passing score to receive a passing final grade. If checked and the student does not have a passing
score, then the final grade calculator automatically computes a zero (0) for the final grade, regardless of
the student's performance on any other gradable item.
- Enable external grading - If this box is checked and this course is connected
to an externally graded course, then student submissions for this item are automatically routed to the external
course for grading.
- Passing score - Specifies the minimum score that a student must achieve to
pass this item.
- Minimum points possible - Any score entered
lower than this number results in a warning prompt when entering scores.
NOTE: Due date and Restrict score visibility by date are based on the
user's local time zone. If a teacher in the Eastern Time Zone sets the Due Date for 5:00 PM EST,
students in the Pacific Time Zone will need to be completed by 2:00 PM PST, because that is the same
moment it is due for all students, worldwide. The student's local calendar will reflect the time
zone adjustment. Setting the Due Date time to 11:59 PM will make the assignment due at the end of the day
according to the local time zone. This special time setting will require a student in the Eastern Time
Zone to complete the assignment three hours before the Pacific Time Zone student because it is not yet
midnight on the West Coast.